Your gas boiler is an essential part of your home. You rely on it to bring you heating and hot water. Having a regular boiler service may reduce the risk of a breakdown, and may also help to prolong the life of your boiler as well as making it more cost efficient.
You should get your boiler serviced regularly to make sure it’s working properly. A faulty boiler could waste you money on energy and might even start leaking poisonous carbon monoxide. Because the gas is colourless and scentless, it’s hard to tell if one of your appliances starts leaking carbon monoxide – so you should get them serviced by a Gas Safe Registered engineer once a year.
What happens during your boiler service?
- We’ll inspect your boiler and controls to make sure they’re working properly.
- We’ll check your boiler for corrosion and leaks.
- We’ll take off the casing of your boiler to inspect the main components.
- We’ll check the gas pressure.
- We’ll test the flue to make sure it’s not emitting any unsafe fumes.
- We’ll clean the parts (if tests indicate they need it).
- We’ll pop the casing back on and check the seals.
- We’ll leave you with a checklist of information about your boiler’s safety.
All our engineers are on the Gas Safe Register
You can trust Excel Heating to service your boiler properly. All our engineers are approved by the Gas Safe Register, the UK’s official registration body designed to protect the public against unqualified engineers and unsafe gas work.